Friday 11 November 2011

Little Red Riding Hood goes Dotty!!!

So...here is an update on the happenings of my life!
I have done a few fairs, some more successful than others, but I see each event and location as a learning experience and I love getting feedback and seeing people's responses to my crafts.
I want to sell happiness, when people look at my crafts I want them to smile and laugh, I want it to brighten their day! I started creating these creatures when I was ill and they gave me a purpose and I want to spread the crafty love :)

I have also been browsing charity shops and have found a few things that I plan to decorate! I have some ideas but may wait until the new year to start on them. I would love to be able to do furniture restoration and decoupage. I also want to learn to knit and use a sewing machine properly in 2012!

However I am learning new skills, I have joined the WI, I go to Saltaire and so far it's amazing! You can find out more info here:
I have met lovely people of all ages and done some wonderful activities...I made this Suffolk puff which I think is okay for my first attempt!


...then last night I made figgy pudding...which I am going to steam tomorrow so we will see how that turns out! We also had a really good talk on traidcraft which was really informative and I am definately going to look at buying more fairtrade...such as chocolate :)

And linked to food....drink!! I have discovered some wonderful varieties of dairy free milk! I love coconut milk, hemp milk, oat milk....slight milk obsession? And coconut juice!



 Moving subejcts to clothes and shopping...I love animal print...I did think the other day when I was dressed in a dalmation print coat and leopard print ear muffs along with zebra print umbrella that maybe I own too much animal printed stuff...but no I don't think so!! Anyway below is my new coat...I have around 4 leopard print coats, pjs, dressing gown...soo I thought I would try out a different print this winter.....I can always pretend to be Cruella de Vil...
(the name for this blog post came from the fact that for a few winters now I have been wearing my red coat, but this year I have changed colour and pattern)

Finally my Dad has always loved cars, in particular classic cars and vehicles! I have been to a few shows and have been thinking if I win the lottery I could purchase...



Yes I have always wanted an icecream van, wouldn't it be so cool to tour the country playing tunes and dishing out icecream, sauce and sprinkles! My interest in classic vehicles is growing, but my knowledge will never be as great as my Dad's...also I do tend to like 'feminine' cars, bubble cars and girly colours, which probably does nothing for the value of a classic car!

Now winter is approaching...I do not like the cold! I may have to go and hibernate if it gets too bad, but for now I am going to stock up on yorkshire tea, hot chocolate and a new fluffy covered hot water bottle...

So there you have it...my longest blog to date...


No comments:

Post a Comment